The criteria for design of VCPL Prefab has been:
- Simple engineering requiring no high skills.
- The elements or the components of the shelters should be in small sizes that can be transported easily even in a difficult terrain and manually handled at site of work.
- The erection should be fast requiring no machinery.
- The shelters should have high strength and light weight requiring less foundation.
- In case of need these shelters should be feasible for dismantling and re-erecting in different location with minimum loss of materials or high salvage value.
- The design should have flexibility and adoptability from a small shed to a posh building as required by the customer.
- Above all they should be durable, comfortable and cost effective.
Applications (Site Offices/Camps)
- Conventional Barracks can be used as Site Office.
Custom made site offices are available on demand in almost all sizes & shapes.
Provision to aesthetically improve & add value added features & finish ( Interiors & Exteriors) as per demand.
- The application of Prefab for making school buildings is on the rise given the shortage of classrooms & the urgency to meet the gap.
- More & more of State Governments are working on Prefab Technology to accelerate the process.
- Prefab serves the viability of easily setting up infrastructure in remote places.
Applications (Low Cost Housing)
- Prefab Technology is also being used for Low Cost Housing needs growing both in Rural & Urban areas.
- Municipalities are using these structures for providing shelters to permanently, semi permanently displaced families.
- Growing needs of Night Shelters is being met with Prefab Structures.
- The Government of Chandigarh has constructed 1500 structures towards rehabilitation programme.
Features & Advantage
Copyright 2016 @ VCPL. All Rights Reserved